As the capital of the Queensland Territory in Australia, you will find many businesses in the river city of Brisbane. In 2019, statistics showed that there are 131,000 registered businesses. So it’s not surprising that entrepreneurs set up shop in this bustling town, being the 3rd most populous city in the Land Down Under. Thus, as a business owner, you must find ways to stand out against your competitors.
Thankfully, you can count on SEO Brisbane services to generate leads and increase conversion rates. One of the things you can do is improve mobile SEO. These practices ensure that your mobile site displays the best possible content to your prospects and existing clients scouting your content with a mobile gadget. With almost 5 billion people in the world owning a smartphone, it is imperative to make your site mobile-friendly.
If your website is not properly equipped to adapt for mobile users, you will lose amazing opportunities to make a profit. Hence, you must do everything in your power to ensure mobile view optimisation. Make it as great as possible for mobile viewing, which also improves your SEO rankings. The key is making sure your website adapts well no matter what screen it is viewed on. If your website is built with WordPress, you can easily achieve this with a plugin. Users must experience the same content or feel whether they use their desktop, phone, or laptop. To improve mobile SEO, focus on these elements:
Prioritise Seamless User Experience
When you offer an amazing, fun user experience for all your website visitors, search engines will notice this as well. As a result, you will rank higher on search engine results pages (SERP). To get you started, determine what frequent users do on your site and which elements they engage with. For example, if you want people to call your hotline, ensure your phone number is bold, front, and centre so people can readily see it and click. Meanwhile, if you want to enhance sales, use a catchy “buy it now” button that compels mobile users to click on it.
But, remember, people hate it when their fingers cannot hit a button, tab, link, or menu properly. So use these elements to bring attention to your mobile site without compromising functionality. Besides, make your website readable on mobile with proper typography. Mobile devices have smaller screens, so paying attention to the right font size matters. Allow you to design them to guide your visitors and let them enjoy a seamless experience. Remember, frustrated site visitors will leave your mobile site and search your competitors instead. Therefore, you must work hard with your SEO Brisbane services team to fully optimise your mobile site.
Ensure the Site is Highly Responsive
When improving your mobile site, the top priority is ascertaining responsive design. In fact, the leading search engine, Google, advocates that you must have a responsive site that adapts to the screen. This means your website uses one URL, allowing Google to understand and index the data without any glitches.
Choose a website theme that is already adaptive to all screens so you won’t have any issues. For best results, assess how your website design scales using developer tools. If your website does not scale properly for mobile, find a way to fix it or choose a different theme.
Work on Boosting Site Speed
If you truly want to improve mobile SEO for your website, improve your loading speed. Studies show that site speed plays a crucial role in customer churn. Since people of the modern world are used to “instant” and fast-paced things, they have reduced attention spans. If your mobile site has a tiny bit of lag, they will leave. There is nothing more off-putting than a website that loads slowly.
For years, website speed has been a dominant factor in search rankings. Because of the main hardware of mobile devices and connectivity issues while on data, page speed becomes even more important for mobile users than desktop users. For best results, you can try the following techniques to boost speed:
- Better Website Hosting: Invest in better website hosting to ensure you can enjoy faster speeds. Sites that run on budget hosting have to share server space with many other sites. As a result, there is a bit of delay in loading speeds. Instead, get a better plan with a renowned hosting site.
- Optimise Images: Fast-loading without compromising quality, one of the best things you can do is utilise the best images. Instead of using 3000×2000 pixels, scale your pictures properly. You can make them smaller with the right tools like ImageOptim or WP Smush without affecting visual appeal.
- Use Minify Code: Each request your site makes affects the speed. Thus, you must minimise these requests by using a minified code, which means your browser will have fewer files to load. As a result, users enjoy faster site speed.
- Leverage Browser Cache: When you utilise this, you show the browser which website elements stay static. Since they don’t change often, these elements can be saved and minimise delays. In the meantime, the browser will only download new content whenever the user visits again.
- Reduce Redirects: When a visitor requests a page, and it cannot be found, it will lead to a redirect. Though you can make this a pleasant experience by leading them to an amazing page, it can still be annoying. Instead, clean up your site, fix pages that have been moved, and delete inactive links. In addition, redirects make your site slower, so test and ensure you use direct links.
Use Structure Data Seamlessly
Finally, if you truly want to improve your mobile SEO, use structured data because this describes your website content in a manner that search engines comprehend easily. Implementing structured data equates to having a direct line of communication with any search engine. Consequently, search engines like Google or Yahoo will reward you with rich results.
Your mobile site must possess the very same structured data as your desktop version. If you do not implement this, you could end up confusing search engines. If you need help, you can ask a professional to help you add structured data to your website’s most vital components. They can also fine-tune it to your website needs, your company’s purpose, and your preferences. Keep in mind, mobile is not an after-thought, but is in fact, the new baseline. Miss it, and you will lose to your competitors.